So I am having a really bummer day today. I didn't really say what I've been up to lately, you know in case the wrong person was reading (like my boss, eek), but I was interviewing for another job that I wanted so desperately. I have never been so confident before - it was the perfect job for me, perfect company, everything. I went in for 3 seperate interviews and I've been getting emails from the lady that interviewed me saying - "we are VERY INTERESTED in getting you in here for this job" - amongst other things. And I just got an email from their HR department saying that the job that I had interviewed for had been filled.
I am so shocked right now. I am at my current job holding back tears. I wanted that job so badly. Sorry to be Debbie Downer, and I know it's not the end of the world. I just really wanted that job. Any similar experiences?
Friday, February 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
Mrs. LSL, Keeping you in my thoughts today, venting is good for the soul and this should be your place to do it. No one expects you to be Pollyanna all the time...I am so encouraged by your story, sometimes I think I stay at my current job because I am afraid to put myself out there. I worked hard to get to where I am and its scary to try something new. I'll keep you in my thoughts...
Ugh - how frustrating! At least it is Friday & you should only have a few more hours to feel grumpy at your current job before you get a break. You should definitely do something fun & relaxing this weekend to cheer yourself up!
Oh... I'm so sorry. I have been disappointed quite a few times... academically and career-wise. I know it sucks but try to focus on the good things going on in your life. I know you really wanted this but you have so many other wonderful things going for you.
Oh no, I am sorry to hear about that. What an awful feeling. I had a similar experience a few years ago. I was in a really bad job, and had several interviews with a firm that I thought was absolutely perfect. I thought the interviews went as well as any I'd ever had. I thought it was a great fit. And then they called and turned me down. Ugh. It was like a kick in the stomach. Like you, I was at work so I had to hold back the tears. I feel for you. I will keep my fingers crossed that something else terrific comes along for you. Hang in there.
I am so sorry to hear about your news. Things always seem to work out for the best although the road is not always easy. You are in my prayers. Keep your chin up, you are going to be an asset to the company that recognizes your strengths. Enjoy yourself this weekend!
Happened twice. At work both times. I feel you.
Not necessarily with a job, but definitely concerning other things in my life. I know this sounds cliche, and it's easy for me to say, but I absolutely believe everything happens for a reason. As much as you wanted the job, it may just not have been the RIGHT one and something much better is in store for you. You definitely deserve to be sad at the moment, but stay positive and the RIGHT job at the RIGHT moment will fall into your lap! :)
Yep and it was the place that I did my internship as a undergrad and they said I didn't have the experience to do the job that I had been doing for the past 9 months.
My thoughts are with you and consider yourself hugged.
So sorry.:(
I've been through similar experiences and I have to say, sometimes that perfect job isn't always how you thought or planned. I do believe everything happens for a reason but I promise, the perfect job will happen for you and perhaps not exactly when you want but it will be worth waiting for! :)
Stay positive... this happened to me before getting my current and dream job! Two months before before i accepted this position I went through multiple interviews with another company and then just when I was sure I was going to get an offer I was told I would not be moving to the next step in the process. I was so sad. BUT if I had gotten that job... I would not have found my current -- and dream -- job. Your dream job is still waiting for you!
Hey Laura, I actually go through this 6-8 times per year depending on the number of brides I meet who don't hire me. It is always difficult not to be selected, but I do have to trust that the people who don't choose me are not a good fit for my working style in the long run. Good things will come for you because you're fabulous, don't give up. :)
This, too, shall pass. Keep your chin up and take solace in knowing that we've ALL had those experiences. It sucks, but it's what makes us wiser!
Oh, I know that feeling. I'm so sorry. But please believe me when I say there is probably something in store for you that is even better right down the road.
I'm so sorry!!! How awful when you totally thought it was in the bag... Well, obviously there's just something even better out there waiting for you!
I am so sorry that you didn't get the job. I am currently waiting to hear from an HR department for a position that I would absolutely love. The wait is agonizing, but it's especially difficult when you really want the job.
I really am sorry. All I can say is that "your job" will come along. You will be lead to where you are supposed to go. I know it's hard to feel that way when you thought you found something you loved.
I really hope you find something soon.
One more thing. I tagged you. Don't worry about it if you don't feel like it. But it could be fun. It's a few posts in on my blog.
Oh, I'm sooo sorry things didn't work out...that is so frustrating! I will pray that the window will open up soon for you as this door closes.
Argh, I know how you feel! It's frustrating!! I went through the same thing about a month ago.
Although it is not so fun to hear, everything happens for a reason, and truly it does! Good luck!
Post a Comment