Sunday, February 10, 2008

I'm Not Out of the Running Just Yet!

Literally 5 minutes after my post on Friday, I got an email from my friend that referred me for this job. She said (in a nutshell) "this is a mistake - you should NOT have gotten that email. It's an HR problem, my boss is calling you to explain everything." So (in a nutshell once again) I hadn't passed an assessment that they require a certain score on. Argh! So technincally according to their HR policy they do not hire people who do not get the right score on an assessment. Oops. I could make all of the excuses in the world, but at the end of the day I did a horrible job on the assessment. I was not at all prepared to take it, I opened it and it won't let you close out of it once you open it. So I was stuck! But anyway that's not the point - I'm not out of the running. They still really want me for the job, so we'll see what happens!

Thank you so much for all of your wonderful and sweet posts, they for sure made me feel so much better. You're all so great and I appreciate you so much!

8 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

Great news! I am so excited for you! Keep us posted - we are cheering for you! I hope you have had a nice weekend!

magnoliabelle said...

YAY!!!!! Fingers crossed - can't wait to hear an update!!!!

kristy said...

oh, that's great news! i'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Jenny said...

so happy, I hope you get some great news this week.

Jules said...

Great! Keep us posted. : )

Heather said...

This is good news. Will they let you re-take the assessment? Fingers crossed that it all works out. It sounds like they are really interested in you.

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

YAY! Fingers crossed! :)

Karen said...

Glad to hear you're not out of the running! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!


Karen