Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Weekend Recap

Things have been pretty slow at the L house this week. But it has given me a chance to keep with my blog reading, so that's a good thing! I know this is a little late, but I've got a quick weekend rap up. On Friday, I met up with 2 of my bridesmaids for dinner at Marlow's Tavern in Vinings. Dinner was delicious, but they have the best hummus dip for a starter. MMM, I love chickpeas. On Saturday, hubby and I walked the pups for a 3 mile walk - not going to lie, my thighs were killing me on Sunday morning! I went to Bath and Body Works to pick up some more of their Wallflower plug ins (my favorite is coconut lime verbena) and they had a great sale! I got each plug in for $6 each! So of course, I bought 5 - maybe a little bit excessive, but my house does smell delicious.

On Saturday, hubby and I went out to dinner with a big group of friends to the Right Wing Tavern. Being the true political moderate that I am (I know what you are thinking, there is no such thing, but I promise that's me) it is completely politically incorrect for sure, but I forgave them since there was a picture of my favorite president, JFK on the wall. No matter what your political beliefs are, it's a really great restaurant. The food is delicious, the ambiance is unique and all of the meals are named after famous republican affiliates, ex. The Laura sandwich is a chicken salad sandwich with pecans and grapes. The said that they are eventually going to add a Left Wing version next door. I'm looking forward to trying it! The guys stayed up until about 2 watching all of Entourage's Season 3. Love that show. Is it just me or is Kevin Connolly kind of hot?? Is it the red head thing again??

Like Lauren at Adventures of a Southern Newlywed, I got my Vineyard Vines catalog on Saturday, and have considered ordering everything in the catalog. I love spring colors, they're so light and fresh. Although polka dots are my favorite, I do love stripes. So I do feel compelled to pick up the striped dress below. However, horizontal stripes could be a little risky this early in the new year. eek.





On Sunday while the hubby was watching the race, my girlfriend M and I went to Little 5 for an afternoon of shopping and people watching. M is a 3rd grade teacher and is performing in her school's variety show this weekend and has to dress up like one of the Jackson 5! We looked all over the place for something for her! All we left with was a crazy afro wig. But we had a great time. While we were driving home, we got stuck in that AWFUL storm that came through the south over the weekend. It was pretty scary. But thankfully we made it home in one piece, but exhausted from all of our shopping! I did pick up one thing - adult Madlibs! I haven't done one yet, but I'll let you guys know how they are after I try it out.

Hope everyone is having a great week. I am still waiting to here back from my interviewer to see when I go back in again.....and I wasn't sure about the yellow, but it's growing on me! I may keep it for a little while longer. :)

7 comments:

Heather said...

It sounds like you had a really fun weekend. I like the coconut lime verbena scent also. I bet your house smells really good. Entourage is hilarious, isn't it?

Kim said...

I've heard of that place, but I forgot it was in Woodstock. Doesn't downtown Woodstock look amazing? I'm always shocked when I drive through there on the way home from the ortho. If I didn't always have J4 with me, I'd stop and do some shopping.

Kim said...

I meant I've heard of Right Wing Tavern. Geez, losing my mind.

Kiki said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!! I have never smelled that wallflower at Bath and Body...I'll check it out tomorrow since we are going to try to sell our house. Needs to be fresh, or at least smell fresh!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am glad you had a fun weekend! I love coconut lime verbena too. I got the email about the $6 wallflowers but never made it by there.

Entourage is one of hubby and I's favorite shows. I think the new season will start this summer??

I love the dress you posted! The horizontal stripes might not be too unflattering.

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

What a fun weekend! The Right Wing Tavern looks fun, especially since I'm a member! ;) I'm loving all the VV things too... So pretty.

Karen said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I haven't tried the B&BW plug ins...I must try because I love plug ins. The Right Wing Tavern sounds like my kind of place. Entourage is a great show, one of my Hubby's favorite. I am so ready for spring and wear some of the great spring clothes. I just love what's out for spring this year.