Sunday, January 20, 2008

What a Let Down

The meteorologists build you up for the storm of the century, and then.....nothing. Just a few hours of light accumulation but nothing on the roads. Sigh. I know that's probably a good thing - fewer accidents and such - but a few days hanging out at home, watching movies and eating popcorn, wouldn't have been a bad thing.

Since the whole state of Georgia was basing their weekend plans on "Winter Madness 2K8", my hubby and I stayed pretty low. On Friday we went to LaPaz Mexican Restaurant in Vinings for a friend's birthday. The hubby was dreading it since it was a girly dinner, but we had fun. Nothing a few margaritas couldn't cure. :)

Saturday we went SHOPPING!!! at Target. I've been looking for a slightly over sized clock for my kitchen wall, so I got this one. We also got a new duvet cover. (the picture for sure does not do it justice, it looks nice and classic on the the bed I promise). Have I mentioned that I am the dullest person ever when it comes to color? :) Well I'm exaggerating a bit of course, but I prefer a neutral palette then accent with bold colors like, pinks and greens. I am also so indecisive when it comes to bedding. I always want a change! So I thought that if I got a neutral duvet, I could change it up with pillows instead of buying new things every few months. The hubby liked that idea for sure.

So I have a favor to ask of all of you. You never know who's reading so I will be very discreet about this for now, but if you could all keep me in your thoughts and prayers on Tuesday morning, I would be so appreciative. I'll follow up on Wednesday with details. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

12 comments:

The Wife said...

Best wishes from me. I'll be thinking about you.

Blogs by Danielle said...

Will keep you in my prayers.

If you email me at blogsbydanielle@gmail.com I can tell you what we need to do to create a header for your blog.


Danielle

Gabi said...

I will definitely be thinking of you! Sorry to hear that you didn't get blasted with snow! I think the duvet will look great with some bold accent pillows!

kristy said...

You'll be in my thoughts! :)

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

It was the same thing here in Charlotte - I am expecting 4 inches of snow and we get a light dusting on the ground. It was such a let down! I will say a prayer for you on Tuesday.

Heather said...

I will be thinking of you on Tuesday! I like the new clock and duvet cover. Those will be great!

Kim said...

I was hoping for a free weekend, too. Instead, I had to go to a baby shower on Sunday in Carrollton, so it blew my whole day. Saturday was good, though.

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Shopping at Target is always fun! My thoughts are with you! :)

Karen said...

I love shopping at Target. I also like to decorate with neutral colors then add punches of color. We didn't get snow this weekend, but it was bitter cold. Will keep you in my prayers.

Karen

Kiki said...

Will keep you in my thoughts...all the best.

LSU Melanie said...

gotta love target!!! I'll keep you in my prayers..I stumbled upon your blog and have enjoyed reading it...

Buford Betty said...

We almost went to La Paz that same night! Yum!

Thinking of you...