Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Daily Slice of Heaven

So, I've been thinking, is there a t.v. show that always brightens your day whenever you see it's on? Because I've started watching some new shows lately: Gossip Girl, Samantha Who to name a few, but none of my new shows can compare to my old faithful Sex and the City. Whenever I see that Sex and the City is on TBS (I know, it's not the same syndicated) it brings a smile to my face like seeing an old friend. The clothes, the city and my favorite part, the one-liners.

In honor of this, I have added a Sex and the City quote element to my blog, and I hope it brings a smile to your face like it does mine! In this post, I've included one of my favorite quotes from the SATC. So many of my loved ones live away (Scotland, New York, and at one time my husband in Colorado) that whenever I read this quote, it instantly made me feel better and put things in perspective for me. Oh the power of television. Maybe those writers really do deserve a raise! :)

Carrie: Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is my favorite quote from the show.

Thanks for picking up my day. :)

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

That is one of my favorite quotes from the show. I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out in May!! I hope it lives up to my expectations!

Hemstitch & Hydrangea said...

Love this idea !! and love the quote- when big leaves for California and Miranda has the baby right? Yes - we all can relate to these and brings back the best memories-

I miss the shows too- Samantha Who is really cute I agree.

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog today!
I am so happy you left it so I found yours- I will add you to my blog roll as well

Happy belated birthday.

Danielle Moss said...

This is my show. I just had a little marathon with my little sister. We are trying to get her caught up before the movie comes out in May.

I feel exactly the same way about the show. I watched the finale a few days ago and cried. Again. I'm pathetic.

I can't watch it on TBS. They basically eliminated Samantha.

I am renaming my blog and think I want to use something from SATC. Any ideas?


Another random funny favorite -

Charlotte: Imagine, being blind and not being able to see a beautiful day like today. Can you think of anything worse?

Anthony: Stonewashed jeans and a matching jacket.

Robot Dancers said...

It's amazing, I grew up on the grittier side of NYC and I always pretended to be indifferent where SATC was involved but secretly I wanted to live that life.

Thanks for the great quote.

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

I love it! I miss the show but seem to catch about every other night, it cheers me up! Can't wait for MAY!!! YAY! Cute post!

Karen said...

Love the quote! That was my favorite show, still miss it. I do have the entire series on DVD, which I love to watch. I'm really into Gossip Girl, I know it's probably geared to a younger crowd, but it's good. Have a great week!

Karen

Mrs.Preppy said...

Love Sex and the City quotes! I am watching Cashmere Mafia right now -- love it, but don't think it will be the next SATC.

Heather said...

Yea! I love SATC!

The Mrs. said...

Great idea!!!!!!! Love that quote!!!!