Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Whirlwind Week

I've been reading but not posting lately, but I am back! I've been out of work for the past few days taking "personal days" to pursue a lifelong dream of mine. I'll explain in a few days..... :)

But a quick recap of the weekend:

On Friday, my husband and I went to Rice in Roswell, Georgia for dinner with our new neighbors. It was delicious! If it were up to my husband, we would eat Thai every night of the week. But I'm a little less adventurous (he calls it boring.)

My sister got me a yoga mat and 1 free yoga class for Christmas, so on Saturday, we attended our first yoga class at Plum Tree Yoga Center. It was so much fun, and so relaxing. I'm addicted now! I unfortunately will not be able to continue going to Plum Tree since it is too far away from my house, but if you are ever in the area, I highly recommend them. They were so helpful and friendly! I was a little intimidated at first, because to be honest I was expecting to see a lot of Madonna type women there that have been practicing yoga for years. But, it was a great experience that I am going to try and incorporate into my weekly routine.

That night, I went to the High Museum with a longtime girlfriend to see the Inspiring Inpressionism exhibit. Kind of a let down. Not a lot of exciting paintings in this exhibit, but if you are looking for a bit of change from the norm, the High is always a good place to go. For a little change, we then went to Decatur for dinner and had a great time! We had dinner and drinks at a restaurant called the Brick Store Pub. The food was so good. Being Scottish, I am very picky about my fish and chips, but they were amazing! And the ambiance was great - a little packed and hot - but a lot of fun people were there.

Again, it's going to be a few days before I post about what I've been up to because it would definitely be a lifestyle change. Here's an itty, bitty hint: "Tonight's numbers are, 1! 9! and finally 6!" And if you wouldn't mind keeping my in your thoughts and prayers that everything will work out as it should, I would definitely be grateful! Thanks.

Can't wait for Gossip Girl tonight, it's going to be a good one. I'm full on addicted to that show now. Speaking of shows, did anyone catch Cashmere Mafia? Thoughts? I'm still on the fence, I need to see one more episode to make my final decision. Definitely no Sex and the City though.....For those that caught it, did it feel like they were trying too hard to be like Sex and the City?

Now, back to work.....argh.....

5 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am on the fence too about Cashmere Mafia. I thought the first episode was okay. I am recording it again tonight and am going to give it one more shot. It's probably something I might record during the summer when nothing else is on, but it will take back burner to the other shows I record now. I am looking forward to hearing what is going on in your life!

Anonymous said...

Brickstore Pub is one of our favorite places. I love the fries with salt and vinegar.

Allie_in_Ga said...

I wasn't too sure about it either, but with hardly any options right now, I will be watching. I am very sad that tonight is one of the last Gossip Girls for a while though. I don't know what I will do without my Blair fix. I can't wait to hear about what is going on with you!

Anonymous said...

On the fence too. Will give it one more shot tonight. It's not even clost to Sex In The City.

Kim said...

The girls and I were going to go to the High last Saturday before they went back to school, but we never made it.

I wondered if it would be worth blowing a day, especially since they live in Midtown....glad to hear it could be missed so I can put away that mom guilt.