Happy New Year! I hope that everyone had a fun and happy new year's eve, and that your new year is off to a great start. So far so good for me, well of course, with exception to the whole returning to work thing. Yuck. I was just settling into my new life as a housewife. Maybe someday. :) The hubby and I spent our NYE at a nice relaxing dinner with a few friends at a local italian restaurant, watched the ball drop with a bottle of Dom Perignon, then called it a night! It was fantastic. Not at all reminiscent of New Years past, but was definitely refreshing!
Thank you so much for all of the wonderful suggestions for my next read! You are all amazing! All of the suggestions sounded so good and were so helpful. I have decided to start with Sophie Kinsella's Confessions of a Shopaholic. I am really looking forward to starting then making my way through the series. Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions!
And I know that this is long overdue, but better late than never right??
Mandarin Orange Cake
1 box of Duncan Hines yellow moist deluxe cake mix
1/2 of cup sugar
3/4 of cup oil
1 - 11 oz. can of mandarin oranges, and include juice
Combine all ingredients and beat for 4 minutes.
Grease and flour (I really like baker's joy spray that includes this flour) 3 - 9" cake pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Let cool thoroughly.
Icing
1 large tub of Cool Whip (16 oz.)
1 - 8 oz. can of crushed pineapple and juice
1 large package of vanilla instant pudding
Beat all icing ingredients until it is well mixed. Frost cake, then enjoy! Make sure to keep it refrigerated. I really like to cover the middle layers with mandarin orange pieces.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Yum! The recipe sounds great! Thanks for sharing.
That recipe sounds great. I'll have to try it.
Glad you had a nice, laid back New Years Eve. We kept it very low key as well.
Enjoy the Shopaholic book! It's so funny.
I hope you will enjoy the book. The recipe sounds so yummy. Thanks for sharing. Good with the return to work. At least this was a short week.
Sounds like a fabulous NYE! I really now appreciate the low key NYE's after my fair share of the crazy ones. Perhaps it's this thing called age?!? ;)
Yum, the recipe sounds yummy and simple! I love those! Thanks for sharing!
Sounds like a fabulous New Years! Especially with Dom! Happy New Year!
The Shopaholic series is so much fun! If you like those, you will probably enjoy Jane Green's books as well.
Can't wait to try the recipe!
Thanks for sharing the recipe, the cake sounds wonderful! Have a great weekend!
Karen
I have read all the Shopaholic series. I think reading her books makes me feel better about myself, because I love to shop but I'm not NEARLY as bad as her character in the book is! :)
I LOVE blackwatch plaid - it's the most Ralph Lauren of plaids, which is probably why I relate to Ralph so much. My fraternal great grandmother was a MacPherson so it's in my blood too! No wonder I love tartan. Although I have to say I do not like the MacPherson plaid. I've been to Edinburgh only. I'm dying to go back to Scotland. Such nice friendly people.
Thanks for the add! You blog is great! I'm so glad I found it.
Have a super Wednesday :)
Your wedding pictures are gorgeous--with a 21 year old, I have a "file" in the back of my mind (hopefully won't have to deal with it for a few more years, but I notice stuff!) Love the kilts.
Some books also say that Smith is part of the MacGowan clan. There is a Smith Tartan (it's blue) but it's not ancient, I think it's one of those that was invented later and registered.
Post a Comment