Friday, January 18, 2008

Hey Georgia, You Ready for Round Two??

I just checked the weekend forecast for my area on the Weather Channel's website. It's calling for more snow! I know that's not a big deal to all of my northern blog friends, but down here we don't get 2 days of snow very often! I don't even want to THINK about how busy my local Publix is right now, everyone buying their bread and water! :)

Thanks to everyone for their sweet and uplifting comments. I am so very greatful! Y'all are such wonderful people. From now on, I am going to focus my time, love and energy into my family, my husband, my besties, and wait a minute, myself? That's okay, right?

I hope that everyone has a great weekend. Again, thank you. :) One more thing, my everyday dinnerware is Crate & Barrel's Staccato. Any suggestions for how to jazz it up? Accent plates? I like the idea of something like this, especially the lime green damask, but maybe not quite as bold. Thanks for your help!


7 comments:

Mrs.Preppy said...

LOVE your plates! That is our pattern also. I have the Spencer tapestry place mats to dress it up - for fall. I am waiting to see what they get for spring / summer.

The Wife said...

I really like the damask plates from PB. I think bold is OK. The good thing is you can replace them in a few years if you get tired of them. Not nearly as expensive as replacing a whole set.

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I love your pattern! I thought of these - http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=211630&CategoryID=12292&LinkType=EverGreen - Kate Spade plates when I saw the PB accent plates. I think accent plates would be really fun to add to what you have.

Karen said...

Very pretty dinnerware. We have extremely cold temps heading our way. I'm ready for spring...or a vacation :)

Stay warm!

Karen

Danielle Moss said...

Those green plates are adorable. Very cute for spring. Williams Sonoma might have a cute set. Maybe wait a little bit and see what comes out in the next few weeks?

I also have white plates and love the idea of dressing them up with cute accent plates. I use red accent plates for Christmas, and white cloth napkins with tartan plaid trim.

Heather said...

CB Staccato is our everyday dinnerware too, and I really like it. I absolutely love the PB plates on your link. Those colors are so pretty and would liven things up a bit, for when you're in the mood for more color.

RRR said...

This is also my every day pattern. I got it right out of college and still love it so we are just adding to it. I am just dressing it up using napkins and placemats. Not super exciting but it works!