Friday, November 2, 2007

Mrs. LSL's Cookbook

Being a newly wed, I am still adjusting to making dinner for my hubby every night. I always sit back and wonder, what did I do before? While I was in college, I had 2 roommates so we would make dinner together most of the week or go out for a girls dinner. But now, in the "real world" as everyone keeps referring to it, we don't have the time or the money to go out to dinner as much as I used to. I have been looking everywhere for a great recipe book to hold all of the recipes that I come across and I haven't found anything that I really like. So, I have decided that instead of hanging them on my fridge with a magnet, I am going to create my recipe book! It's going to start out looking really amateur using a plain white binder and dividers, but I'll get fancy eventually. I am dividing them up into sections: 1. Dinner 2. Side Dishes 3. Desserts 4. Party Dishes And.....I can't decide on a 5th divider. Any suggestions??? Or any recipes that anyone can suggest?

4 comments:

Well I Do Declare said...

You might consider a baked goods tab (breads, biscuits, rolls, etc.) As for a recipe binder, you may want to consider this one. One of my girlfriends has it and I have been coveting it since the day she showed it to me! http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/7017015/index.cfm?clg=63&cm_src=5136523F-0594-4F21-39CB24B869492F8B

The Mrs. said...

Appetizers? Mine is divided up into Beef, Poultry and fish, casseroles, pasta, desserts etc. I love my recipe book. I have a pocket in the back just for family recipes!!! A great way to get great ones os to do a recipe exchange with your girlfriends!!

Artstar said...

Snacks!!! I like a green apple with slices of white cheddar, or hummus and fresh veggies on a spinach wrap.

Kate said...

Good suggestions so far! I would add beverages, gifts (recipes for things I might take as a hostess gift, "jar" recipes, craft "recipes") and salads.