Tuesday, November 6, 2007

An Almost Denim Debacle

My sweet hubby bought me a pair of jeans yesterday. I worked at the GAP for nearly 4 years, so I have more pairs of Long and Leans than I know what to do with, but it's always really nice to have a few new pairs of jeans. One of my girlfriends swears by her sevens, and she looks amazing in them, so I have always wanted to give them a try. While shopping for sunglasses over the weekend, I tried on those jeans for almost an hour. And none of them would fit over my hips! It was pretty heartbreaking.....those sevens are tight! Oh, and are they long! I was breaking a sweat getting into those. I was getting quietly and pathetically emotional in the dressing room, when my hubby threw a few pairs over the top to me. And they fit!!!! It was quite a relief. And again, after working at the GAP for so long and getting such a great discount, it's really hard to pay full price for denim. But my hubby told me I was worth it, and got them for me as a gift. The color is just what I wanted. They are the Bootcut in the London wash.

Does anyone have any favorite brands or stores that they would recommend getting jeans ? I'd love to have a variety of different pairs, and it would be very nice to have a narrowed down list of where to go. And thanks to everyone for their posts recently, I loved reading them. :)

6 comments:

SCM said...

Go to Blue Genes. The girls that work there really know their stuff and can really help you find the perfect pair.

I love Joe's Jeans the most. The Must fit is my absoulute favorite cut.

Suburban prep said...

How sweet.
I hate trying on jeans. I can never get ones that are comfortable.
I used to wear Ruff Hewn but they went out of business. Then I liked Lee.
I gained some weight since getting married and also due to a medical situation so that is the reason need new pairs. I am really picky because I hate feeling like I am in a cage and well I wear a compression stocking on my left leg already that makes me feel like that.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Belle. Same with the jeans. That is what I wear.

Natalia Jones said...

For low key, low price jeans, I really enjoy LUCKY's, you can get them at Buckle or Lucky Brand stores. For nice jeans, check out Fabrik down in midtown (ATL), they have some really cool, trendy, modern style jeans with the cool pockets and stitching. Enjoy your sevens.
PS- check out www.bodenusa.com for clothes

Mrs. LSL said...

Thank you so much to everyone for the suggestions!!

Allie_in_Ga said...

I third belle's suggestions.