I know that I have mentioned my husband a lot in my blog, but I have never really discussed my wedding at all. I am a newlywed-54 days today to be exact, and so far it's been wonderful. It's not easy, but I really love being married. It always helps when you have a great hubby though. :)
Like I've said in past posts, I kind of fell into blogging by using Google and inputting words that I thought were key in planning my wedding, like, elegant, preppy and posh. And from there I have come across blogs that I love to read pretty much every work day-shh, don't tell my boss. :) So, since a lot of my favorite blogs have been posting their wedding pictures (that are all gorgeous) I thought that I would do the same. Now, I was a little nervous about putting my picture up, but the pictures are on my photographers website too, so too late!! :)
I have to brag a minute about my fantastic photographer, Laura Stone. She is not your run of the mill photographer. She is such a wonderful person, and being in PR, I really love working with people who truly deserves my business, and there is no doubt that she does. It was such a relief to find a photographer that I could trust to capture the images that I wanted. It was one less thing that I needed to worry about on my wedding day! I just adore her.
I asked my hubby randomly after we first got engaged if he wanted to wear a kilt (half kidding, half serious) and he said yes! So we went for it. Down to every last detail-but don't worry he DID have something on under his kilt. (I know phew, I wouldn't want to see those pictures either) Since my hubby and all of the groomsmen were wearing kilts, I did everything else really simple, which really is my taste anyway. Bridesmaids in classic black, carrying variating shapes and sizes of ivory and blush colored roses. The ribbon was black watch to match the groom and grooms men's kilts. Same went for all of the flower arrangements-ivory hydrangeas, roses and stock. My pew markers where thistles (the flower of Scotland) and a white roses with Black Watch ribbon. Oh, I loved it all.
So below is my slide show of our wedding day. Laura took a ton of traditional pictures as well, but these images are meant to tell the story of our big day. And I definitely think that we accomplished that.
http://www.artstarphotography.com/Slideshows/Laura_Chip/index.html
And for more information on Laura Stone visit her website at www.artstarphotography.com
Hope everyone has a great rest of the week. Phew, that was a lot of blabbing. If you made it to the end of this post, Grey's tonight, I can't wait! Take care, LSL
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Very pretty. You guys look very happy.
So pretty! Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful! I attended a wedding at your reception site last year, such a beautiful place!
Beautiful pictures - Loved atching them, thanks for sharing!
*watching
Your slideshow is beautiful! Very classic!! I love your dress too!
OMG- So amazing! I've always wanted to have a Scottish wedding (I'm part so...perhaps the next one as my first didn't work out!). I love the photos. The one face shot of you with the gold frame to the side, amazing! You looked so gorgeous and so elegant. I had a similar wedding, simple & classic elegance. The girls all wore Vera (Audrey Hepburn style dress) as well as me.
You are such a newlywed, Congratulations! I hope you have many wonderful years together! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for all the sweet things you have to say about my efforts to tell your wedding story, Laura! You are to fantastic and I can't wait to see you for dinner tongiht... : )
Hi, I know this comment is rather late but I just stumbled across your blog via Magnolias Marriage and Manhattan...
Thanks for sharing your wedding slideshow. Simply gorgeous! It looks like a beautiful, happy day. I wish you much happiness together!
And I couldnt help but notice, given your SATC quotes...you look amazingly like Charlotte!
Post a Comment