Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekend Recap

So what a crazy weekend of weather we had here in Georgia. Definitely made for an interesting St. Patty's day. A tornado hit the downtown area of Atlanta on Friday. I believe it's going to cost the city nearly 150 million dollars to repair some of our landmark buildings.A girlfriend of mine that lives a few blocks from the Phillips Arena still has no power! Awful, and so scary. My hubby and I bought tickets for Park Tavern's Luckyfest for Saturday, but we never arrived until 6:30 p.m. due to the weather. Still fun, but the grounds were so muddy! We spent much of Saturday in basements! :) Kind of scary, but luckily (maybe luck of the Irish) kept us safe. My thoughts are for sure with the families that endured the brunt of the storm.

On a brighter note, my Mum and I went outlet shopping today and it was a success! Thanks to everyone for their help coming up with some outfits for my new job! I picked up some great new things, but since they're outlet I can't find any pics. Here's the rundown: I got some cute seersucker dress pants from J.Crew, a black and ivory twinset from GAP, a couple of cable knit sweaters from Ralph Lauren and some gorgeous herringbone trousers from Ann Taylor. My Mum and Dad surprised me with a new leather work bag from Coach. Can't wait to use it!

So, let the countdown begin! T minus 5 (work) days to go! Yea! :)

6 comments:

Kiki said...

So excited about the great new finds, maybe lay them out and take pics, I love a visual!!! Tomorrow (Monday) we get some fab new dresses at the store...I can barely wait.

Excited for you to start your new job too!!!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am glad you and your family are safe! I can't believe what happened to you all in Atlanta?!
It sounds like you found some cute new work clothes.

Heather said...

It sounds like you got some good outfits! The tornado sounds so scary.

magnoliabelle said...

I'm so glad you all are safe! Yes, it's Highland Cathedral that's on my site. I love that song!! I plan to have it as part of my wedding (whenever that is!)...it's different, but still very classic! Did ya'll have any bagpipes?

magnoliabelle said...

Loved the wedding pics! Thanks for sharing! It looked absolutely perfect!!

Anonymous said...

Clothes sound very cute.