Wednesday, March 19, 2008

So, I'm distraught. Don't worry things are still going well at the L house and today IS my last day before I start my new job (yea), but I am almost out of my favorite body wash. And Bath & Body Works has DISCONTINUED it. I got hooked on it in college when my roommate worked there and it's still my favorite. It's the Breath Calm Soap Free body wash. I love it. I've already emailed B&BW (I know pathetic, but I'm desperate!) and I haven't heard back yet.



Any suggestions???? I've thought about Ebay, but I'm still stuck in the stone age in regards to that and I am so scared of getting scammed!

13 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

If you call the store they can give you a 1-800 number to call for discontinued products. They gave it to me one time for something I needed. I hope this helps!

Kim said...

They discontinue everything I like there! So I have no good advice except to offer my sympathies!

I never use ebay either--mainly because I've had so many of those phishing things about my ebay and paypal accounts (and I have neither) in my mailbox that I figure I'm going to get ripped off eventually.

Kate said...

They will probably have a ton of it at the semiannual sale in June! I would ask everyone you know to help you stock up:) Althoug, if it is a liquid - it will eventually turn. So you may not want to stock up TOO much! That is my big frustration with Bath & Body Works - everytime they actually have something I like, they discontinue it:(

Heather said...

Did you do a google search for it? Sometimes there are stores that have inventory they are selling, even of discontinued items. Kate has a good point though - it won't "keep" forever, since it is liquid.

Artstar said...

Making a small purchase on ebay from someone with a high feedback rating should be safe- any emails that come to you can be ignored because you can log in to ebay and check legitimate messages while securely logged in. It's big ticket items like cameras and phones that are more prone to scams. Good luck finding the product you want- I once tried to email Sara Lee when they changed my fave bread recipe! Of course their feedback age was down...

Kiki said...

I am so glad there are other people who have not used Ebay either because I am completely intimidated by it, but my husband is an Ebay freak!!!! He has only been scammed once and he recouped his losses so it was a wash.

As for the wash...I would contact their customer service and not stop until they help you or recognize that this is a product that they should not be discontinuing!!! I only use Dove, I have funny skin that gets hive-y if I use other product that has too much fragrance or whatnot..good luck!!!

Karen said...

Not sure if they can do store checks, but if they can perhaps you can have it shipped from other stores who have some left. I used this lotion from Nordstrom all through college, when the discontinued I was so upset...still miss that stuff!

Karen

Danielle Moss said...

I am up WAY too late but had to leave a comment. I was searching through quotes hoping for inspiration for my new blog name and found the same exact quote by Coco Chanel and put it up on my blog.

L'Occitane discontinued their magnolia scent which was absolutely incredible. I feel your pain.

Hope you find it.

Danielle Moss said...

And whatever happened to your blog makeover?

I am exhausted. Off to bed!

Jules said...

They discontinue a lot of scents (Like lemongrass sage which I adore). I asked the sales girl at the store about it and she said it's discontinued now but will be returning in a few months.

So I thin that while they do discontinue scents, they also bring them back for different seasons.

And E-bay is totally safe, go for it. I even bought my wedding favors from E-bay!

magnoliabelle said...

Wasn't today your first day on the new job? If so, I hope it was great and I can't wait to hear about it!!! Good luck!!!

HeatherRussell said...

Hey Cuz,
Have ordered some on your behalf via ebay, and it should be on its way to you as we speak to ur mums address (i dont have your address) so call it a good luck on your first day gift love Heather x x

Jennifer said...

hey i just stumbled onto your blog...I used to work at BBW. You can call the 1-800 that your store can give you and if they have it they can ship it to you or watch for the semi annual sales-Jan and June