Thursday, December 27, 2007

'Tis the Season

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday! We opened our gifts to each other at our house in the morning, then headed over to my parents for brunch to exchange with them, my sister and her boyfriend. Nothing feels more like Christmas than being at your parents house. However, My hubby and I were busy busy this year, we hosted Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner at our house this year. We usually spend it at my parents house, but my Mum's oven died a couple of weeks ago so she couldn't get any cooking done there. My Mum helped me by prepared the side dishes - sweet potatoes souffle and sweet corn casserole - and we got the turkey and the desserts ready. It was so much fun, and what a great excuse to get our new fine china out!

I got some great gifts from my hubby and my family. Just to name a few of my favorites, my hubby got me this cute shawl collar fleece sweatshirt from J.Crew. It is so comfortable.



J.Crew's Rivington leather boots. I can never find any that fit my freakishly small calves, but these really worked. And its a nice comfortable, low kitten heel.



My Mum and Dad got us our Kitchenaid mixer. I love it, and can't wait to start using it. Well, actually, after the holidays, I can wait a little while. :)


Our Christmas night was spent playing Wii and then the guys staying up until 2 a.m. playing Playstation 3. What is it with guys and their games? It doesn't matter how old they are. I must admit, I do love the Wii. It's a work out too!

While the boys were playing, I was obsessively reading my new book. I am a huge fan of the author Emily Giffin. It started with my love for Something Borrowed, followed by Something Blue. But on Christmas Eve I bought myself an early present, Giffin's 3rd book, Baby Proof. I am really enjoying it. I really feel like Giffin knows me because she writes just like I think. I understand that she is in the middle of writing her fourth book. How great would that be to work for someone as fabulous as Emily Giffin? She lives here in Atlanta, so if anyone knows her, I've got a resume ready. :)



I've decided that since the writer's strike has taken away all of my favorite shows, I am going to stock up on some cute, fun books. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

13 comments:

SCM said...

Great gifts! I love those boots.

SCM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
k e r r y said...

I am excited about the shawl fleece - I just ordered one for myself. I assume you have read all of the shopaholic books? How about Memoirs of a Geisha? Lovely Bones? Anything by Lauren Weisberger is a favorite of mine. I am currently reading The Guy not Taken - by Jennifer Weiner - another favorite of mine. Good Luck and let us know if you find other good books to share!

Heather said...

Woo hoo! Those are great gifts. The sweatshirt looks so comfortable and the shawl collar really makes it different. I bet you would like Jennifer Weiner (seconding Kerry). Also, have you read The Nanny Diaries?

Anonymous said...

Debutante Divorcee is good too.

kristy said...

Great gifts, love that fleece too ... might have to get one with some christmas money! Have you read the series called Shopaholic?

Karen said...

Sounds like a great Christmas! I also got the fleece sweatshirt from J Crew (in pink). I haven't read any of Emily Giffin's book, I'll have to check them out. I liked The Nanny Dairies and Bergdorf Blondes, both fun books. Also the Bridget Jones books are hilarious. Happy New Year!

Karen

Suburban prep said...

I love my Kitchenaid stand mixer too. It is such a workhorse.

Danielle Moss said...

I'll check out those books. Have you read The Devil Wears Prada? I loved that. 4 Blondes was cute (not great but a fun read).

Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

The shopaholic series is great! Anything by Jane Green (loved Jemima J). Anything by Plum Sykes and Jennifer Weiner. I just finished Momzilla's.

Let us know what you choose!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Great gifts, enjoy! Sounds like your Christmas was very merry! Happy New Year!

Britt said...

Great gifts, I love that fleece!

Shopaholic series is fun reading.

Danielle Moss said...

I hope it's ok but I put your blog on my favorites list (on my new blog - thingsiadore.blogspot.com).

Happy New Year