Monday, December 10, 2007

Night at the Symphony

On Friday, my hubby and I went to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra with my great friend D to see the annual Christmas performance. D's boyfriend sings for the ASO so they were sweet enough to get us tickets. It was amazing and so much fun. Music has been a huge part of my life - singing in church choirs, school choir and all-state chorus. I really miss singing all of my favorite Christmas classics. The Morehouse College Glee Club guest sang with the ASO singers and were so moving that I had goose bumps. You can really tell that they put their heart into their singing which is so refreshing to see. Even my hubby, who I knew was ready to go when we walked in the door, was getting into it. He was a good sport though.

We did have an interesting experience while we were there. The man sitting next to us, I don't know if he has a sinus problem or what, but I swear it sounded like he was snoring while he was awake! It was so distracting! And when I looked in his direction to find out WHAT THAT HORRIBLE NOISE was coming from his direction, he looked at me like, what is your problem? Someone needs to get their deviated septum fixed. Anyone had a similar experience?

After the symphony we went to Murphy's for dinner. I got the grouper with mashed potatoes. The grouper was delicious, but my potatoes tasted like something out of a box. I find that really frustrating when your meal isn't cheap to begin with. But the ambiance and my glass of wine was fantastic as usual. :)

More importantly (haha), I loved what I wore! I wore my sort-of new J.Crew Sarah Keyhole dress. I got it in August, but had never had the right opportunity to wear it. I got it in black, and it looks very classic. I also wore my gorgeous champagne colored silk wrap from Ann Taylor. It was so mild, we didn't even need a jacket. I can't believe it's December and 70 degrees here. Crazy.

And thank you so much to Allie at Chic for helping me find a picture of the back! This is the wrong color, again I have in black, but just so everyone has an idea.

The front:



And my favorite part, the back:


Sarah Keyhole Silk Faille Dress

7 comments:

Allie_in_Ga said...

I have the dress you are talking about. The Sarah Keyhole dress, if you google it an old picture from the J.Crew website shows up in another color. I love that dress. I haven't had an occasion to wear mine yet. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! This weather in Atlanta is killing my allergies, I wish it would make it's mind up!

Allie_in_Ga said...

You are more than welcome, the back is the best part of the dress! Happy Monday to you too.

Anonymous said...

I have always always always loved that dress!!! I am sure you looked fantastic in it! Thank you for the compliment re: my wedding pics. :-)

Karen said...

Love the dress! Sounds like a great night out.

Kare

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Such a cute dress! So glad you had a great weekend, sounded fun!

Heather said...

That is such a cute dress. It sounds like a fun evening!

Perfectly Plump Preppy 2.0 said...

I am in love with your dress.