Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Chuck Norris is my Homeboy

Last weekend was a crazy, whirlwind of holiday parties, but the big event was my sister's graduation. We are so proud. The ceremony was LONG, but fun, since our whole family was there.

My husband has decided to grow out his facial hair since it is finally starting to get cold in Georgia. I kept thinking that he reminded me of someone and then, it hit me. Chuck Norris! Ah!
Now all I can think of are those Chuck Norris facts . The resemblance is kind of scary.




Me and my sis at her graduation

My hubby (AKA Chuck Norris), my sis and her beau at graduation.

My poor Mum's oven died (only 2 years old-ridiculous) on Thursday just in time for the graduation party on Sunday! It was horrible timing. So my hubby and I helped out by making the desserts. I made a 3 layer Mandarin Orange Cake (recipe still to come my first layered cake) and owl cup cake that I found on Tres Poshe Preppy's blog a few months ago. Since my sister's university's mascot are the fighting owls, I made fighting owl cupcakes! They were a HUGE hit. Thanks TPP!


Image of the owl cupcake's from Land o Lakes website

8 comments:

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

You all look so cute! I have a jacket similar to yours in black, I love it!

So happy you made them!!! They are cute and how fitting. Fun, fun!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Y'all make a great foursome - so all American looking! Just found your blog!

SCM said...

Y'all are all so cute and those cupcakes are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures.

Karen said...

Great photos! There must be something in the air...hubby is also growing out facial hair despite my repeated pleas to shave. Have a great week!

Karen

Kate said...

Ooh! I love anything citrusy - can't wait for the Mandarin Orange Cake recipe! (Totally see the Chuck Norris resemblence too - how funny!)

Heather said...

You and your sister are beautiful! Where did you get your darling jacket/cardigan? The owl cupcakes are so funny and cute. Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Cute cardigan! Looking forward to the Mandrian Orange Cake recipe! I love anything that involves orange and cake :)