Oh, it's the simple things in life that are oh so sweet. Like, the smell of freshly popped popcorn, or, the sound of waves right outside your beach house. But for me, it's discovering that
the dress that you've been coveting at J.Crew FINALLY went on sale. You see the problem is, every since my experiences in retail, I literally can not bring myself to pay full price. The GAP spoiled me all of those years with their 50% off employee discount. So what do I do instead of sucking it up and buying? I call it J.Crew loitering. (Actually stalking is really more like it). I check the website what seems like 100 times a day to see if my favorite items (pretty much everything that they make) is on sale yet. But since I've been pretty busy at my new job (oh and the hospital has websense, blast!), I haven't been loitering lately. My hubby and I just returned from a much needed vacation in St. Simon's (beach time) and Savannah (wedding time), and I thought, why not check in with my friends at J.Crew. And finally it was put on sale. Sadly, once tax and shipping were added, it was really the steal that I was looking for but hey, I love this dress. I can't wait to get it in the mail.

Speaking of the wedding that we attended in Savannah....it was so beautiful. I'll post pics soon. But I had my first wedding outfit faux pas as of late. I posted the pic of the dress that I wore, and I really loved it. Really breezy, which was perfect for the coast of Georgia over the weekend since it felt like 115 DEGREES! So long story short, I asked my little sis who was in the wedding party, what was appropriate attire for the wedding. The invitation didn't say, so I wanted to know. She said, oh I don't know, a sun dress? I thought okay, no problem. I can find one of those. I get to the ceremony, feeling good, and then I see that almost every guy is wearing a tux and the ladies were wearing these luxe silk cocktail dresses! Whoa was I under dressed. So what did I do to fit in? Yup, got smashed. Yeah, Sunday was rough. And actually I still feel a little rough today. Pathetic I know. So now back to reality.
P.S. I love St. Simon's. I told my hubby that when I start to make the big bucks at my not for profit job I'd buy us a beach house. I also told him, don't hold your breath.... :)
12 comments:
I've been dying for the same dress! I've been lurking at the J. Crew clearance center in Lynchburg just waiting for it but no luck. Thanks for letting me know it's on sale!
I am glad you found your cute dress on sale! Enjoy your week!
OH MY GOSH!!!! I totally J Crew stalk as well! It's not worth paying full price when their things go on sale so quick anyhow!
I know exactly what you mean about Gap spoiling you, I don't shop anywhere else because I can't bring myself to pay full price!!!
I love that you posted this, I will have to check it out because it is a super sweet dress!!!
I J.Crew stalk all the time!
I lovve St. Simon's too, what a great place!
I love that dress too! Thanks for stopping by, I've been MIA too! Finally getting back on track. I hope you have some fun summer plans! :)
I'm glad someone else is guilty of hovering on clothing sites, waiting for things to come up in the sale! I've been calling it strategic planning - but you are right, it is probably better termed 'loitering'. But it's great when the hard work (!) pays off!!
Hiya! Tag! You're it!
Hi,
I'm kinda new to blogging and came across your blog while looking for a coat of arms leather keyfob onine for my husband's b-day (he's scottish too :D). This b-day is about 3 weeks away and ordering them from scotland can take 5 weeks (2 week to make them and 3 weeks for delivery). Would you by chance know of any places in the US that sells this? BTW, I love following your blog and luv, luv that jcrew dress ;D.
I bought that dress early this spring and have worn it to death! I love it! Hope you enjoy it too!!!
Cute dress. I got the shift beach dress on sale myself this morning. I learned long ago not to buy anything at JCrew full price, as nearly everything goes on sale fairly soon and there are always plenty to styles and sizes to go around.
Adorable dress. It's a good thing you got it when you did - it's "sold out" now!
Fun blog!
-E
Post a Comment