Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Here Goes

People have been telling me that it happens to lots of people. That 48% of couples go through it. But this was definitely not an experience that I had hoped to go through ever in my life.

I was granted a divorce almost a month ago, June 1st. Yup, I’m now a divorcee. I never imagined that I would be 26 and divorced. I have gone through a long list of emotions over the past year– anger, grief, guilt, emptiness to name a few…..I could really go on and on. But I would say that betrayal is the word that comes to mind the most frequently when I think about what I’ve been through. Betrayed by him and his family, but also betraying those around me. Pretending that everything is okay for an extended amount of time takes its toll on you. And I don’t just mean your looks (although that did happen, hello carbs!). I was absolutely exhausted by the time I decided I’d had enough.

I am not going to rehash all of the awful details to you all for a number of different reasons but 1) although I am experiencing hate that I never thought was possible from me I would never want to tarnish his professional reputation as far as his job goes and who knows who reads my blog stranger things have happened 2) I’m embarrassed, it’s almost like if I put it in writing it makes the past year real and I honestly don’t know if I’m ready for that and 3) I don’t even know where to begin to tell my story. But I did have the pleasure of meeting his girlfriend that had already moved into my house before the divorce was final. That was really sweet of him to introduce us! (Tongue in cheek of course).

I also didn’t write in my blog for so long because I felt like a phony. All of our pictures were real, the magazine articles about our wedding were real and so were the stories, but of course I left details out. Please know that there was so many times that I wanted to reach out through my blog, I loved all of your comments throughout the years, my engagement, wedding, honeymoon, anniversary.

I wish that I could say that I wish him well, but it's too early and too fresh to say that. I have great relationships with all of my ex’s, but something about this is so different. I not only feel betrayed, but so do my family. My family is and always will be the most important thing to me and knowing that he has caused them pain as well infuriates me.

I’m trying to figure out a new name. I am no longer Mrs. LSL! I know I've asked before but if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. In honor of July 4th, How about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness through the Eyes of a Divorcee! haha :)

LAS

23 comments:

Just Me said...

I am sorry for what you are going through, but I am glad you are back! Here is to a great summer with new opportunities and lots of possiblities

Wifer said...

I am glad you are back and wow this year has been a doozy for you.
Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

mandaA said...

Hi - have enjoyed your blog all along and haven't commented before, but just had to say I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I have been there (literally, when I was 26, too) and know how it feels. This won't sound great at the moment, but I promise you will be a stronger and better person for having gone through it. Good luck and hang in there.

Erin said...

So glad you are back! Stay strong girl! We love you!!! :)

Can't wait for the new name and the new posts!

Yay! *Hugs*

-E

Anonymous said...

I am getting divorced as well. And I feel you on the HATE. I don't hate people, but the rage and hate I felt towards Ed has been beyond my comprehension. It affected my looks as well. And I supported this guy. It is still blows my mind. If you ever want to talk let me know.

Leslie

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

I'm so glad that you've finally decided to write about this and I hope the blogger community can give you a little comfort. I've been thinking a lot about you lately and when you left me a comment the other day I got so excited- hoping you were coming back. Please don't feel embarrassed. I hope that you can come to your blog and write about whatever you want without feeling like we are judging you- it's a miracle what all of these girls can do for your morale. I'll be praying for you thats for sure. Be strong. xoxo

J said...

You should not feel embarrassed! I'm so sorry this happened.

Welcome back :)

Jenny said...

I've been a reader as well and am so sorry to hear about your last year. I have close friends who went through what you are going through and all I can say is even though it hard right now sometimes its for the best. Looking back these spouses are not the same people they were the day they walked down the aisle and I truly believe it is for the best and that you will emerge stronger and better. Hang in there.

Karen said...

I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through. Hang in there I can only imagine how tough it is. Hope you don't feel embarrassed, I think we all have friends/family that have gone through similar situations. Wishing you a future full of happiness and possibilities.

Karen

Jenny said...

I've been checking back on you so often to see if you'd posted. I had a sick feeling that this was what was going on-I'm so sorry. I have been in your shoes-I had the perfect engagement, wedding, etc. and then my family and I were completely blindsided when my ex husband decided he didn't want to be married to me anymore. I NEVER thought I would be divorced. I had basically been "polly perfect" my entire life and not only was I hurt, I was terribly embarrassed. Still to this very day, I am...even though I'm happily remarried and have two children. I was 27 when it all happened and that year was the hardest of my life. I'm praying for you-though it may feel like it, you are not alone. Hugs, JLS

Mrs.Preppy said...

Welcome back... Like GRITS said, please dont feel embarassed. We bloggers are here to support you.

Barefoot in the Park said...

First off, you are not a phony! This may sound corny, but it reminds me of that episode of Sex & the City when charlotte takes the photos for town & country when everything is crumbling ... it ended up best in the end!

Anywho, we are very ready to have you back ... the real new stronger you! Stay strong and know we are here for you and welcome you back with open arms!

Some Like it Southern said...

So happy to have you back! I am sorry to hear that you have had to go through all this! Please know that we are here to support you! Thinking about you and praying for you!

xoxo

Princess Freckles said...

I am so sorry to hear this! I like your idea for a new blog name!

A gilfriend of mine recently went through this after about 2 years of marriage. She had a hard time, but is feeling great now and is dating a wonderful man. There is always light at the end of the darkness!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Just know that there IS a bigger, brighter plan for you (even though it might be hard to imagine right now). Just think... you are still SO young and have the rest of your life ahead of you. He didn't deserve you and personally it's better now than later (if it had to happen-I wasted 10 years!!!). I went through this and I can feel your pain, but it does get better. Don't be embarrassed. You're such a sweetie and you deserve more! Just know that we are all here for you! Hugs!!!

Buford Betty said...

I'm so, so sorry for all you've been through this last year. Please know that you'll be in my prayers! Lots of love and hugs to you!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. You are in my prayers.

Heather said...

I am really sorry that you have been going through all of this! What a mess. You deserve better.

Kiki said...

You have been on my mind so much...thinking only the best and brightest things for your future....I can't wait to hear what adventures you'll have!!!

XOXO< Kiki

SCM said...

I'm behind in commenting, but I'm so sorry you've had to go through this. It sounds like you are in a much better place. I'm glad you are back to blogging and hope you keep us posted on your new, happier endeavors!

Danielle Moss said...

I'm so sorry for what you've been through. While what you've been through is just awful, I am so glad you found out the truth now rather than 10 years down the road (and I'm sure you are too).

You're a beautiful girl, and seem so sweet and wonderful, so I do not doubt that you're going to find an amazing man that will treasure you. (I don't mean to get all sappy -- sorry.)

I'm glad you're back. I'm so bad with names. I can design a blog, but coming up with a name is a whole other story!

jo said...

Hope you are ok. Enjoy your trip. It will get better. Hang in there.

Jewellers Dublin said...

engagement rings from Dublin jewellers with diamond rings and wedding rings platinum