Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I've been SUPER boring the past few weeks - but one exciting thing has happened lately was...drumroll....we got new granite counter tops! Woohoo! We're trying to "design to sell" our house so that we can move a little bit closer to my work. My hubby got all Tim "the tool Man" Taylor on me and did the backsplash himself. It looks great! I'll try and post some pics of the before and after soon.

I am trying to resist this week's J.Crew final sale......it's so hard! I keep making excuses, like "I've been looking everywhere for a critter polo!" Oh, yeah, like I can't live without a $30 polo with turtles all over it? I blame it on the models. They make everything in those pictures look good. :)

Okay, enough about the clothes.....hubby and I are going out of town for 4th of July weekend. Can't wait to get the heck out of dodge for a few. I hope that everyone has a great weekend. I'm looking forward to reading about everyone's adventures next week! Take care, Mrs. LSL

4 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am glad you are doing well! Post pictures of your kitchen before and after. My husband and I are doing the same thing with our place. We are going to add granite to the kitchen and do a subway tile back splash. I want to make our kitchen look like Ina Garten's.

I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

Barefoot in the Park said...

i bet your countertops look fabulous!

happy long weekend!

kolls said...

I'd love to see pictures! Ugh, I keep doing the same thing with the J. Crew sale, I've already bought four things from there, I do NOT need more right now!

Heather said...

That is exciting about your new countertops and backsplash. I am impressed with your husband's skills! I bet the new stuff looks really good. I can't wait to see pictures! Have a nice weekend.