Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy (Belated) Birthday America!

We had a wonderful 4th of July weekend. We had such a great time. We met our great friends down at their beach house in Rosemary Beach. The weather was beautiful! I didn't want to come home today. We ate at a few great restaurants while we there. Here's a quick recap:

Thursday: we ate at the Southern Cafe in Seaside
Friday: Shades
Saturday: Destin Chops

If you are ever looking for a great place for fireworks for the 4th, Rosemary Beach is the place to be. You have the best view of fireworks from Panama City Beach to Destin. I hope that everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July. Thank you to all of our troops for defending our country and helping keep our country safe.

And of course one more thing......some things that I picked up while I was there. :) Although I do have a full set of Vera Bradley (Vibrant Black, since unfortunately retired) I've never been obsessed like a lot of my girlfriends in college. But I couldn't resist the following items and 5 years later, all of my VB is still in top condition.

Maybe it was the salt air that made me go shopping crazy. :)














Vera Bradley Pinwheel Pink Clutch Wallet















Mod Floral Slippers with Pouch




















Vineyard Vines Logo Hat (I got REALLY burnt on Friday so I needed to cover up my freckly face. It wasn't pretty)

8 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am glad you had fun at the beach! The Vera Bradley clutches are really cute. I like the idea of buying one and using it as a clutch and also as a smaller bag inside my purse.

I hope you enjoy your week!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Glad you had a great 4th! Love the new things! Enjoy!

The Mrs. said...

That salt air gotcha!

Muffy said...

Oh, I love pinwheel pink! I miss Petal Pink- remember that one??

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous slippers, and that clutch is really cute!

Sarah

Princess Freckles said...

I love that clutch! AND your blog! Glad you had a wonderful 4th! :)

Kiki said...

I'm so glad you had a great Fourth, its my favorite holiday and I spent the day at the beach as well!!! Also got a little too much sun, and have some extra freckles to prove it....but I love them, I tell my niece they are kisses from the sun...

Anonymous said...

Destin is beautiful, glad you had fun! The VV hat is too cute!