Monday, July 13, 2009

Are you Sitting Down?

I just found out over the weekend that my ex husband of 6 weeks is engaged. And he told me by text message on Saturday night while I was out to dinner with friends. I sent a text back saying, “Congratulations. Can I interest you in an engagement ring that I have for sale?”

I need some time to process this information, but all I can say is this – good luck to her and thank God it’s not me.

20 comments:

Mrs. Preppy Hoosier said...

I just started blogging and reading your blog. I have no clue what you must going through and really feel for you. I hope you are hanging in there, and handling the recent news. Just think- everything happens for a reason, and you are right, thank goodness it isn't you.

Suburban prep said...

It seems you have a healthy attitude about it. It is also good that you "heard" it from him and not through the grape vine.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH. I love your answer to him though!

Elizabeth said...

Wow. Your answer was perfect. I know this must be hard but you are right, thank goodness it's her and not you!

Some Like it Southern said...

Perfect response! So sorry that you are having to deal with all this! But better her than you!

J said...

Such a good response! That can't be easy to hear but I think it's quite obvious that you are the one who is better off.

Brittany Musacchio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MCW said...

He sent you that over a text? Why bother telling you at all if he doesn't respect you enough for a phone call. I think your ex may have major issues and thank goodness they are no longer yours...

Unknown said...

That comment back to him was awesome!

Mrs LSL said...

MCW, I couldn't have said it better myself! :)

SCM said...

That doesn't sound like a trainwreck!

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

What!!!! Unreal.

Erin said...

What a freakin' wacko! SOOOO glad you are out of that girlie!!!

:)

-E

Zeus_tfc said...

You are truly a lady. Too classy for the likes of him:-) Hugs

I just noticed that it's my husbands sign in for google:-) Its not Zeus its the Duchess!

Jenny said...

OH.MY.WORD! Unbelievable! LOVE your response to him, though.

Jenny said...

You are a much better person than I. Seriously I don't think I would have been as gracious as you. This does show that you are so much better without him.

Barefoot in the Park said...

witty. your come back is perfect. what a b*stard

Princess Freckles said...

That is crazy!! I loved your response though! Perfect!

Buford Betty said...

Holy crap! I'm so very sorry... but nice snappy comeback!

Kate said...

What an ass! I had taken a break from blogging/blog reading for a bit & was suprised to see the news on yours...but sounds like good riddance! Sorry for how things turned out, but excted to follow your new adventures on your new blog:)