Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Happy Memorial Day, everyone. This is my first day off since I started my new job - it's nice to have a break, but I keep thinking about everything I need to get done tomorrow to make up for being off! That's not much of a vacation, but I'll be taking the first 2 Fridays of June off for weddings and such.

Hubby and I have had a really nice weekend. On Friday, I went outlet shopping with my sister. Of course with the intention of buying dresses to wear to upcoming wedding excursions - but we left with everything but that. No surprise of course. :) Does anyone have any suggestions on a cute but affordable dress that I can wear all summer to weddings? I don't want to spend a fortune since I have a ton of dresses, but my excuse is that I've worn them all several times before and need a change. I love this dress at J.Crew but I worry about the fit - I'm not the same size on top (XS) as on bottom (M) (thanks mom - haha). I'd love to hear your ideas.

Back to the weekend - On Saturday, my sister, her boy, hubby and I went to Brew at the Zoo at the Atlanta Zoo. It was so much fun! It was a beer tasting sponsored by Sweetwater and we could walk around checking out the animals after normal visiting hours. I was of course over served, so I was feeling a little rough on Sunday. Nothing that a day at the pool couldn't fix! So Sunday and today were spent at out neighborhood pool. There is something that has annoyed me this weekend. SOAPBOX ALERT. So my hubby and I can't find our pool key. So on Saturday, we made our way up to the pool and asked a lady very nicely that was already in there if she could let us in. We explained the situation and she said "NO, you have to PAY to get in here." Well no sh*t Sherlock - we just paid 700 dollars last month so that we could get into the pool. She was not nice about it. Hoochie wouldn't let us in. I was shocked. She unnecessarily escalated the situation. My husband has now made it his summer goal to rub our pool key (when we find it) in her face. I know that we needed our pool key, but it was the first day that the pool was open give us a break.

Sorry, I needed to vent.

Another thing - anyone else down south suffering from allergies this year? They're awful for me. Any suggestions or personal experiences?? Oh, and I know that I've been MIA but I'm still reading and commenting whenever I can. Promise! :)

7 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am glad things are going well! Have you looked at the Isaac Mizrahi collection at Target? There are some really cute and reasonably priced dresses for spring and summer weddings.

Enjoy your week!

Kiki said...

OHHHH I agree with Lauren, I was just there and there was a black and white print one with a 3/4 sleeve that was adorable, not very sexy though...but looked comfortable, especially for eating and dancing!!!

I am glad you are doing well and glad to hear you are getting a day off!!!

That lady at the pool...boo on her, summer spoiler!!!

Danielle Moss said...

The JCrew dress is cute. You should be ok, and worst case scenario, can't you take it in a little?

I have the exact opposite problem and nothing ever fits on top so I probably wouldn't be too great at giving advice.

Did you see anything cute anywhere else?

I am planning on checking out Target this week. I haven't been in forever.

Have a great week!

Artstar said...

Hi Mrs. LSL, thanks for visiting my blog even though it was inactive for so long! I totally understand your issue with the pool lady as I experienced similar stupidity once upon a time. Xoxo, LCS

Anonymous said...

The dress is fabulous - you have to snap it up!! I can only dream that J.Crew would become available in the UK, sigh...

magnoliabelle said...

Yes! My allergies are driving me nuts...It does seem worse this year. As I type, I want to claw my eyes out. I wish I could offer some help. Let me know if you get any good suggestions.

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

LOVE that dress! You could always order it from the store phone (to get the free shipping!) and return it at the store if it doesn't work. That way you won't lose a single dime!

As for the allergies- Ever since I moved for college my allergies are terrible! My eyes would water so much that I'd rub them raw. I tried everything before I finally got an RX for Allegra. It's been great.